Montag, 15. April 2013

Guest Post #2: Pocket Money Polishes

Hallo ihr Lieben,

auch heute gibt es wieder ein Gast Posting für euch.
Diesmal von der bezaubernden Charlie von Pocket Money Polishes
Mir gefällt es super gut, ich hoffe euch auch! Wenn ja, dann schaut doch auch einmal bei ihr vorbei und vielen Dank an Charlie für die tolle Mani!


Hi everyone,

also today a guest posting for you!
This time from the loyely Charlie from Pocket Money Polishes.
I really like her mani and I hope you like it too. When yes, than also take a look at her Blog and many thanks to Charlie for this great mani!



____________________________________________________________________________________________


Guten Tag


It’s Charlie here from Pocket Money Polishes doing my very first guest blog! Eeep! I have only been officially blogging for a couple of weeks but I have been seriously into nail polish and art for almost a year now. I’m 23 and I live in England, I’m currently working on a PhD in Media Research when not distracting myself with other writing projects. 


Having looked at the wonderful posts featured on this blog I wanted to do something quite classic but with a little bit of a twist. So I came up with this Tiffany inspired manicure.
Top Tip for nail art: make sure you have something good on the television so that you don’t have to change channel with wet nails!


I started with two coats of Rimmel Pro Peppermint (500) which is a gorgeous tiffany green just slightly brighter than a pastel which I think is perfect for spring. This polish is great because it really does last and doesn’t chip easily; I am really bad for damaging my lovingly painted nails. Then whilst I was waiting for this to dry completely, I dabbed on some Models Own Dancing Queen which is really jam packed with glitter in green, blue, gold and holographic silver. This really catches the light beautifully and looks like little gems (carrying on the tiffany theme).


When I was sure the base polish was completely dry I carefully taped two strips of my striping tape across the top corner of my ring finger and then carefully added some Ciate Sand Dune over the top. Whilst this was still wet I removed the tape which left my lines. Sand Dune is like liquid golden shimmer and it’s all the better because it was free with a magazine. I will say that this polish does drag a little if you’re not careful and you will probably need 3 coats for opacity on its own.


I have left the other fingers plain so that things were not too crazy but if you wanted to jazz this up for a night out then you could add gems to the thumb, and a white ribbon (painted or out of striping tape) or add more Dancing Queen. How would you add to this design or do you like to keep things simple?


I hope you like this manicure and that Dakila is having a wonderful time away on holiday (alright for some!). Please check back to see the other guest posts this week and feel free to pop over to Pocket Money Polishes to see what else I have been up to!


Charlie

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...